By: VillaTheme Thank you for using our plugin.
If you have any questions that are beyond the scope of this documentation, please feel free to request support at our Support Forum. Thanks so much!
SUBRE – WooCommerce Product Subscription offers a comprehensive solution that allows online businesses to easily sell and manage subscriptions while also providing subscribers with a seamless and convenient experience. Customers can subscribe to products or services and pay weekly, monthly, or annually.
A wide range of goods and services are available through subscriptions, including those in the following aspects, and online shop owners should take advantage of SUBRE – WooCommerce Product Subscription to boost sales, revenue, and attract new customers.
The benefits of subscriptions for consumers include the convenience of having products and services delivered directly to their door, the ability to try new products and services, and access to exclusive deals and promotions. For businesses both online and offline, subscriptions can provide a predictable revenue stream and can help build strong relationships with customers.
If you’re using the free plugin, you can either add the plugin to the WordPress Dashboard, or manually upload the plugin file. If you’re using the premium version, you must install the plugin manually, the instruction for both is as follows:
You can see this video on how to install and use the plugin:
To update the purchased plugin, within 6 months from purchase, you can receive updates automatically on one domain by authenticating the plugin on that domain. Follow this instruction for specific steps.
Or you can update the plugin manually (no expiry date, you can do it for a lifetime). Simply re-download your purchased plugin file in your Envato account – Download list. More info in this instruction.
For free version of the plugin, you can always update the plugin in the WordPress Plugins list. You can see this instruction for a better view.
After you finish installing and activating Surbe – WooCommerce Product Subscription plugin, let’s follow these easy steps to create subscription products and sell them on your WooCommerce website.
Step 1: Creating a subscription product
This plugin lets you create a subscription for a normal simple product in WooCommerce, so first create a product WooCommerce as you have used before.
To create a subscription product:
Step 2: Configuring general settings
In the General tab, you will configure Renewal settings, payment gateway settings, and miscellaneous Settings. Go to How does it work > General for further information.
Create customized text that appears on subscription product button labels and at checkout when a subscription is visible in the cart. Go to How does it work > General for further information.
Step 3: Managing subscriptions
SUBRE WooCommerce Product Subscription offers an administration page where you can view and manage subscriptions purchased through your store.
The Manage Subscriptions page can be accessed by going to SUBRE > Subscription.
Let’s experience purchasing a subscription product on the frontend website.
1. Add a subscription product to the cart, go to the cart, checkout page, and place the order.
2. Order received page
3. Email for subscribing
SUBRE WooCommerce Product Subscription uses a variety of emails to keep in touch with you and the customers of your store about specific subscription-related events.
You can customize, enable/disable, and configure recipients for subscription-related emails in a manner similar to that of WooCommerce emails. Go to WooCommerce > Settings > Emails to customize subscription emails.
SUBRE WooCommerce Product Subscription includes the following emails:
Go to SUBRE > General tab, you will configure Renewal settings, payment gateway settings, and miscellaneous Settings.
1. Reduce stock if renewal: When a subscription renewal order is paid, will the stock of subscription products be reduced as usual? Only apply to items for which “Manage stock” is selected.
2. Change payment: When customers manually pay for a subscription renewal order, allow changing the payment method.
3. Subscription status: If a recurring payment is incomplete for x day(s), choose how you will treat the subscription.
4. Allow expired subscriptions to be renewable: If this option is enabled: Allow subscriptions that have expired to be renewed.
5. Allow expired subscriptions’ start from previous expiry date after being renewed: If this option is enabled, the new cycle will begin from the previous expiry date and the total value of missed payments will be calculated, rather than starting from the current date.
6. Subscription endpoint: You can flexibly edit the endpoint in the My account/Subscriptions page URL by the text you want.
7. View subscription endpoint: You can flexibly edit the endpoint in the My account/View subscription page URL by the text you want.
Go to SUBRE > Custom tab, create customized text that appears on subscription product button labels and at checkout when a subscription is visible in the cart.
– Button settings: Create customized text that appears on subscription product button labels and at checkout when a subscription is visible in the cart.
– Change price HTML: If a product has both a sign-up fee and a trial available; if a product has a sign-up fee and modifies expiration date info.
To create a subscription product:
SUBRE WooCommerce Product Subscription includes a management page where you can view and manage subscriptions purchased through your store.
To access the Manage Subscriptions page, navigate to SUBRE > Subscriptions.
On this page, you can look for the subscription information including the signed subscription, parent orders, renewal orders, recurring amount, date, status, payment due, payment method, and expiry date.
Go to WooCommerce > Orders, the Subscription info column indicates the available subscription orders and brief subscription info.
Explanation of some icons regarding the status of subscriptions:
Go to WooCommerce > Orders > Edit order, the subscription info area displays the subscription of the order in detail.
Thank you for your attention!
If you have any question, please create a topic at our FORUM, we will support within 24 hours.